Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Introduction


I am an Italian professional working as Strategist in a bank,
I have a passion for markets and decided to open this blog to write my thoughts, ideas and explain how is possible to approach markets as an investor point of view.

I see the markets like a farm. You must know the product you're going to cultivate (pros & cons), find a method that is expected give you a positive result and finally realize that non all seasons (years) are equal.

Like a farmer you can have good years and bad year (not depending by yourself but due to exogenous factors)- Is important to understand that you must be prepared for the bad year trying to limit losses and exploit the good ones.

In this Blog I'll show some of my methods I built over time to decide my asset allocation, most of them based on the momentum.
Past results are not a guarantee for the future, but they make sense that can continue to be profitable in the long term, even if can happen 1-2 year of bad performances.
I realized in these years that to be able to have solid results, you must diversify models (like with assets), exploiting the low correlations

In the coming posts I'll show some models I built, but please don't write me to ask for algorithms. I consider them as proprietary copyright.
Once i explained one model, I'll begin to update it every month with the new allocation.
You can read this blog as starting point to create your model based on your risk aversion. As i use them for my core wealth, my models are quite prudent.

Enjoy the blog and let's hope 2015 will be a year with a good harvest...even if we came from a very long bull markets in US.
Let's begin with this tracking in real time for 2015.
NOTE: Even if I give monthly allocation, you're deciding to invest at your risk and I  don't feel myself responsible for eventual losses. I'll be already losing on my own...


No comments:

Post a Comment